This refers to a combination of information such as your name, contact details, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking). Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our website and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our use of your Information
- For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information outside the UK/EEA. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
- We may collect and process your information for the purposes set out below and in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner, and disclose the same to our group companies for business purposes and also to companies and our service providers who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to credit and fraud agencies (some of whom are located outside the UK/EEA). These purposes include administration, service, quality and improvement-related activities, customer care, product innovation and choice, business management, operation and efficiencies, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or group companies), risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programmes, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection.
- Information (such as health or religion) may be considered “sensitive personal data” under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to provide you with our services, cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to exchange relevant information and sensitive personal data with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of passengers or in an emergency.
If you do not agree to our use of your information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
Direct marketing material
- We would like to hold your email address for our own future marketing purposes. This will include marketing communications including relevant offers, news, inspirational stories or information that you have expressed an interest in or that we feel may be of interest to you. You will be given the opportunity to continue receiving marketing communications by ticking the “opt-in” box on our enquiry page. You can update your preferences at any time.
- If you do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preferences, please refer to point (2) of “Your Rights” below. We never pass your details on to 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
1. You are entitled to a copy of the information we hold about you (for a £10 fee) and to correct any inaccuracies.
2. You have the right to ask in writing not to receive direct marketing material from us. You can use the “unsubscribe” link on our emails or contact us at the address blow. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way as soon as possible.
Data security is of the utmost importance to us and we are committed to ensuring information we collect from you is secure. All the information you give us is protected by a secure server. The secure server software SSL (Secure Socket Layers) encrypts all information you enter before it is sent to us. The information is only de-encrypted when it reaches our server. We also have a Firewall (security software) in place to protect our internal information from the Internet.
Outside the European Economic Area (EEA), note that controls on data protection in such countries may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country.
74 High Street